Indian team keep the series alive as they beat New Zealand in the second ODI and the final game will decide the series winner. Indian team taken revenge against New Zealand in the second game and they win the 2nd ODI by 6 wickets at the Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium in Pune.
- Kiwis skipper Kane Williamson won the toss and decided to set the target for India.
- The Indian bowling duo Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah started the proceedings on a good note. They bowled line and length balls to the New Zealand batsmen as they lost the top order wickets at an early stage.
- At the end of 10 overs Kiwis were 27-3, the middle order batsmen tried to bag the things normal but failed to score big runs.
- Finally, the Black Caps scored 230/9 in the quota of 50 overs. Nicholas scored 41 while De Grandhomme scored 40 followed by Latham made 38 and Santner made 29 runs respectively for New Zealand.
- Indian bowlers Bhuvneshwar scalped 3 wickets while Bumrah and Chahal bagged 2 wickets each.
- India started the chase with 231. Men in Blue lost the Rohit Sharma very early as he scored just 7 runs and out in Tim Southee’s bowling while Indian captain scored well for a mean time as he scored 29 but unfortunately out in Grandhomme’s delivery.
- At the end of 28 overs India were 140-2, Shikhar Dhawan is batting on 66 while Dinesh Karthik is batting on 27. India needed just 91 runs in 132 deliveries with 8 wickets in hand.
- In the 29.1 over India lost the 3rd wicket, opener Shikhar Dhawan is out for 68 runs in Milne’s bowling. At the end of 39 overs India need 86 to win in 120 balls. Dinesh Karthik 30* and Hardik Pandya 0* at the crease.
- Finally, at the end of 46th over Men in Blue chased the target with 6 wickets remaining. Dinesh Karthik scored 64* while MS Dhoni made 18*. This time Dinesh Karthik scored the winning run with his bat.
- The Man of the Match was adjudged to Bhuvneshwar Kumar for his excellent bowling performance of 3/45.
- The Team India won the match by 6 wickets and level the 3 match ODI series with 1-1. The last match will be played on October 29 in Kanpur.
(Image Courtesy: FB)